Eric Lenze, MD, Wallace and Lucille Renard Professor
The Department of Psychiatry has been at the forefront of psychiatric care for decades. Members of the department were among the first to champion the medical model of psychiatry and view psychiatric dysfunction as an interaction between genes and environment. The department and its faculty continue to be in the vanguard of both the study and treatment of mental illness. In order to prepare for the future, the department also devotes a significant amount of time and effort to the training of the next generation of clinicians and researchers.
Timeline for the Department of Psychiatry.
Browse the Department of Psychiatry Collections:
- 2002: The Challenges of College-Age Drinking
- 2003: Drinking and the High School Student
- 2004: Alcoholism and the Latest Genetics and Neuroscience Findings
- 2005: Alcoholism and Comorbidity
- 2006: Alcohol and Tobacco Dependence: from Bench to Bedside
- 2007: Alcohol Use Across the Lifespan
- 2008: Alcohol, Suicide, and Suicidality
- 2009: Translating Basic Science Findings to Guide Prevention Efforts
- 2010: Disentangling the Genetics of Alcoholism: Understanding Pathophysiology and Improving Treatment
- 2011: Trauma and Alcoholism