The Human Research Protection Office (HRPO) is the administrative office which services the Institutional Review Boards (IRB) for Washington University in St. Louis. Its mission is “To protect the rights and welfare of participants in ‘human research’ as defined in 45 CFR 46.102(d) and (f) and ‘clinical investigations’ as defined in 21 CFR 50.3(c ).” As human research subjects protections becomes a much more visible part of the research process, the intensive training and educational demands on an IRB are likewise becoming more broadly understood. At HRPO, we have responded to this challenge by developing a wide array of educational resources that include conferences, presentations, training guides, and discussions of HRPP best-practices.
This HRPO open access collection makes these resources available in a convenient, searchable format. These educational materials are useful for HUMAN RESEARCH PROTECTION PROGRAM (HRPP) staff development, IRB member training, the education of researchers and students, and raising community awareness.
These materials are protected by a Creative Commons license. Please contact the Human Research Protection Office at 314-633-7400 if you have any questions about use or reduplication.
Browse the Human Research Protection Office Collections:
- 2013 Ethics Series: Research Literacy and Informed Consent
- 2012 Ethics Series: What Makes Research Ethical
- 2012 Ethics Series: Therapeutic Misconception or Misadventure
- 2012 Ethics Series: Noncompliant Research Participants: Ethical Issues and Responses
- 2012 Ethics Series: Ethics and Issues related to the use of Emerging Technology in Research
- 2012 Ethics Series: Community Use or Community Involvement
- 2011 St. Louis OHRP National Research Forum and Community-Engaged Research Conference
- 2011 Device Advice from the FDA
- 2011 Conversations with Sergio Litewka, MD, MPH
- 2009 Necessary Elements in the Fundamentals of Human Subjects Research: Investigator Initiated Studies for the Study Coordinator
- 2007 Necessary Elements in the Fundamentals of Human Subjects Research: Diversity and Disparity Workshop Series
- 2007 Device Advice from the FDA
- 2006 Necessary Elements in the Fundamentals of Human Subjects Research: Diversity and Disparity Workshop Series